Recently on my mind: Dun lose weight.

Previous Posts

Archives

More Bloggers


My CaReLeSs WhIsPeR-Think UNIT TRUST, Think Agnes

Wednesday, December 15, 2004
Phone Chat with The MOFFATTS!
Today in history, 15th Dec 2000. Now this is the best part. I spoke to Moffatts, yay!!

A day before that, Jakeman said on the radio that the 3 participants who sent in the most interesting questions would be picked to interview the guys on air. How cool is that! One person was entitled for 2 questions each. That was obviously a not-to-be missed opportunity so I was like 'yeah why not juz give it a shot since I have some questions. I sent them in and I wasn't thinking much about it after that...wonder why.

Jakeman announced the 3 winners the next morning and I heard my name man. Nothing could be more overwhelming than that seriously!! My fren called me up to congratulate me, it was like a verification for me too hehe. Jakeman called soon after she did, telling me not to drag the time too long later and he'd call me when it's my turn. The interview started at 3.20pm. I was the second interviewer. My phone rang and OMG….How did I ask them, how they replied, how I answered when jakeman asked who the cutest Moffatt was ( The guys were so delighted to hear that answer I gave) and other stuffs….yeap, every single thing had been recorded in the cassettes that's here with me now heheh :p

I couldn't go to the showcase….was so miserable but at least I got to speak to them. That's the best cure for my sadness hahaha. All these memories are really cool, and they're priceless. I cherish them so much man~

That's not all I can blog about the 4 charming boys if u ask me. There are so many more mind you. The first time I saw them at Sunway Pyramid in 1998 (I did take pic there) ; then staying at the same hotel as them that night ; my experience at their 'Rock In Malaysia' Concert in 1999 ; all the videos I've taped from MTV and Channel V ; all the radio interviews recorded from various radio stations ; all the newspaper cuttings I got from numerous newspapers ; all the mags I have that featured them ; I dun wan to go on anymore, I'd juz freaked the heck out of you all out there :P

That was the one Moffatts maniac u knew, now 21…all these idols chasing thingy have kinda turned into memories and smth to be recalled. The obsession had sort of subsided as time passes. Perhaps it was becoz The Moffatts have gone on a really long hiatus so we dun see them that often anymore on tv nor hear them on the radio. What I'm tryin gto say here is that, if they return one day (oh yes that's what ppl are saying), I might juz transform back into the me of 17 years old. Hopefully I won't, it's too tiring and yet frustrating to have to stand by at the radio and tv all the time. Guess my age now doesn't permit me to be such a craze like that anymore.

*Whisper of the day : Now you can see how addicted and obsessed a person can become when they're really into something, be it idols or football or music or even chocolate (hehe, juz as example only) In this world, everyone is a fanatic of smth ; everybody has a passion for smth, the only diff is how ardently you demonstrate it and how passionate you are about it. Agree?


Post a Comment